Makes enough for 4 servings
- ▢ 400g can of chickpeas (reserve aquafaba)
- ▢ 3 cloves of garlic
- ▢ 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ▢ 2 tsp tahini
- ▢ 1/2 tsp crushed sea salt
- ▢ 3 tbsp quality extra virgin olive oil
- ▢ Jar of TFS Curtido (any Sauerkraut will work)
- Drain your chickpeas, reserving the aquafaba for later. Rinse the chickpeas in cold water and tip into the food processor.
- Add the tahini, crushed garlic, lemon juice and 2 tablespoons of the reserved aquafaba from the cans.
- Turn on the food processor and slowly pour in the oil while it runs.
- When the mixture is fully combined stop the food processor and add your salt. Using a fork drain some of the Curtido brine into the hummus mixture. Blend again until fully combined.
- Once smooth, tip it into a serving dish. Top the hummus with as much Curtido as desired.
- Serve with homemade flatbreads and dig in.