All of our products have been fermented or preserved in one way or another and 80% of them contain active bacteria. If you follow our easy Gut-Loving Guide you’ll find our fermented food will last much longer than we have recommended on the label.
- Do Chill - Our food and drinks should be refrigerated as soon as possible upon purchase otherwise the lovely bacteria will continue to ferment.
- Don’t Shake - Both our Water Kefir and Kombucha contain alive and active yeast which may make an appearance in your bottle. Both of which are perfectly normal, however, please do not shake our bottles - the drink will potentially overflow when you release the cap.
- Do Scrape down the sides – When you’ve finished enjoying your fermented foods, use a clean spoon to scrape any stray pieces of food on the side of your jar.
- Don’t Double Dip - It may be very tempting but please don’t double dip your cutlery in your fermented food jar. This will introduce the bacteria from your mouth into your ferment and may cause the ferment to not keep as well.
- 80% of our products are fermented and therefore still alive, containing live bacteria. Therefore funk, sweetness and fizziness will vary product to product.
- All fermented food and beverages produce a small amount of alcohol. The alcohol content of both our Water Kefir and Kombucha are typically around 0.5%-0.75% (the same as you’d find in a loaf of bread).
- All of our fermented products are vegan. They are sustainably sourced and packaged in recyclable, and biodegradable packaging.
Your products will be well packaged however in their time out of the fridge, travelling from us to you, they can get a little lively as fermentation kicks in again. This is perfectly normal, however we suggest giving your ferments a rinse if they've leaked and putting them back in the fridge as soon as possible.
For further information or if you have any queries please check out our FAQ's.