Check out our recipe video here
- ▢ Jar of TFS Pickles
- ▢ 250ml Plant-Based Milk (we like Oat)
- ▢ 120g plain flour
- ▢ 120g Masa Harina (can be replaced with just plain flour)
- ▢ 1/2 tsp crushed sea salt
- ▢ 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
- ▢ 1/2 tsp cayenne powder
- ▢ 1/2 tsp paprika
- ▢ 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- ▢ 150g panko breadcrumbs
- ▢ vegetable oil
- Start by measuring your milk and putting aside
- Next add your dry ingredients to a mixing bowl, and do just that, give it a good mix.
- Slowly add your milk to your dry ingredients and give them a strong whisk together to remove any lumps. Taste for seasoning and add more as desired.
- Measure out your panko breadcrumbs into a bowl and put aside.
- Drain your pickles and place on a paper towel to dry off any excess brine.
- Place your oil in a frying pan and begin to heat to temperature.
- When your oil comes to temperature, toss the pickles in your wet mixture make sure everything gets an even coat.
- Next toss in your panko breadcrumbs and shake the bowl. The breadcrumbs should easily adhere to the pickles.
- Add your pickles straight to the hot oil. These will cook very quickly. Cook for a minute on either side or until a lovely golden-brown colour and crispy.
- Remove from oil with slotted spoon or tongs and place on some paper towel to remove any excess oil.
- Serve and enjoy your frickles